1. Dance-a-thon Fund raiser
2. Youth Camp Registration
3. Index cards for prayer
Game: Whacky Stick Game
Ezra’s Talk: Easter is a big deal
Listen to the audio the about Easter at youth group. Karyn prayed before Ezra started, and Cyndi closed with prayer afterwards.
• “Easter” is a big deal to Christians because:
• Resurrection means Jesus came back to life after innocently suffering and remaining dead for 3 days.
• This miracle is important because death is not the end for us, if we follow Him.
“We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.”
-1 Thessalonians 4:14 (NIV)
• His sacrifice on the cross pays for our past, present, and future sins which previously had separated us from God.
“because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”
-Hebrews 10:14 (NIV)
• To become a Christian you understand that you are a sinner, unable to save yourself from that state, confess audibly or in prayer that you believe Jesus came as God in the flesh to earth, died on a cross and rose again to defeat death and pay for our sins, accept that forgiveness for yourself, choose to extend that forgiveness to others, and willingly give up your own will to God.
“Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
-Acts 2:38 (NIV)
• The result of this decision is the evidence of the Holy Spirit (God’s Spirit in you), following His plan for your life, no longer living primarily for your own will, but for His plan, while also knowing that if you knew what God knew, you would want what He wants as well. You make this decision public through baptism and connect with other Christians to pray, worship and gather regularly and share a fraction of your resources to meet the needs of others and also to support the movement of the church.
• Spiritually healthy Christians don’t live paralyzed by the fear of death or accidental separation from God, and shouldn’t take forgiveness for granted either, aiming to live in gratitude and pursuing God’s will with hope and Joy. Confessing our sins and forgiving others as God forgave us. Establishing our own boundaries and habits that help us to pursue righteousness and purity, and self control, and sharing our personal story with others.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
-Galatians 5:22-25 (NIV)
1. Ezra E
12. Ezra W